Guild of All Souls shieldThe Society of Our Lady of Walsingham The Society of Our Lady of Walsingham and the Associates is an organization that exists to encourage and support  devotion to Our Lady of Walsingham and pilgrimage to the Shrine. The Shrine located in Norfolk is the most renowned sanctuary of Mary in England, a place of pilgrimage for Anglicans dating back to the 11th century.  It was at Walsingham that Mary appeared to the Lady Richeldis directing that a chapel modeled after the Holy House of Nazareth be built in honor of the mystery of her Son’s Incarnation.  Since then countless numbers of pilgrims have journeyed to “England’s Nazareth” to catch there the joy of the Holy Family.    At Saint James’ parish member associates commit themselves to a discipline of prayer through the daily recitation of the Angelus and the praying of the Rosary as occasion warrants.  Such acts of devotion normally are offered on those days throughout the year set aside as festivals honoring Mary, the Mother of God, as a means to deepen ones faith in the Incarnation of her Son Jesus.  With the aid of Our Lady’s prayers associates are led to seek holiness of life through their own prayer, the reading of Scripture, and in receiving the Sacraments.  By word and example associates are  encouraged to both work and pray for the conversion of the nations to Him who is the Prince of Peace, and for the re-union of Christendom.  New associates are admitted to the Society at the annual celebration honoring Our Lady of Walsingham at Saint James on the first Saturday in June.  A copy of the ancient image of Our Lady of Walsingham may be found in the shrine located within Saint James’ Church. To see the most recent message to the Society Click here

To see all messages to the Society

The Guild of All Souls The Catholic Revival within the Church of England during the 19th century took hold in local parishes through the creation of devotional societies and sodalities. The Guild of All Souls was founded in 1873, with an American Branch being established in 1889, with the purpose of setting forth the two great doctrines of “the Communion of Saints”, and “the Resurrection of the Body”. Members of the Guild pray regularly by name for the departed, offering the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass with special intention for the repose of their souls. Time spent in prayer and intercession for both the dying and the dead is never a waste of time. In so doing, are truly helping those who in their day loved, lived and proclaimed the Catholic Faith and Life, which should be the inheritance of every Christian. In keeping trust with them, we too may share in its fullness the Faith we have received with those of our own generation. Throughout the year there are many souls remembered by the Guild in prayer at the Mass who have worshipped and served God here at St. James in their day, and are now at rest in the Peace of Christ, who is “the Resurrection and the Life”. To assist us in this good work, a Requiem Mass is usually offered at St. James on the 4th Saturday of each month at 10:00 in the morning. Please see our calendar for details.